How much do you know about shoes? Can you say the difference between Derby and Oxford shoes, for example? I’m sure you can, but let’s find out more by testing your shoe expertise with my multiple choice trivia shoe knowledge test.
Shoe Quiz: Questions & Answers
If you would like to check your responses, you can find the right answer at the end of each question by clicking on the ‘+’ symbol.
1. Which of the following shoes does use a closed lacing system?
2. A derby shoe is less formal than an oxford. Is this true?
c. Depends on the situation
3. Which of the following shoe colours is NOT recommended to wear with a charcoal grey suit?
4. Northampton has a rich shoemaking tradition. Which of the following English brands was NOT originally manufactured there?
a. Crockett & Jones
c. Foster & Son
5. What are the three basic methods of shoe construction?
a. Cementing, Blake Welting, Goodyear Welting
b. Prime Welting, Blake Welting, Goodyear Welting
c. Cementing, Prime Welting, Goodyear Welting
6. In which year was a Goodyear Welt invented?
7. Royal Warrant of Appointment to HM The Queen is a great recognition of those who supplied goods to the Royal Household. Which of the following shoe brands does hold it?
c. Foster & Son
8. Wingtip shoes have?
a. No perforations along the edges
b. Been using for high-formality business meetings
c. Toecap extended with low “wings”
9. Espadrilles’ sole is commonly made of _________ ?
b. Jute rope
10. ‘Oxfords, not Brogues’ is a quote from __________
a. Quantum of Solace
b. Kingsman: The Secret Service
c. The King’s Speech